Podcast episodes can be heard through your web browser, by downloading episodes onto your computer, or streamed directly onto your smartphone. While there are many ways to access podcast episodes, the following are the simplest ways to access Congressional Dish.
Download the FREE Congressional Dish App to your phone
This is the most convenient way to access Congressional Dish on your phone. With this app you are always connected to the latest episodes. You can also star your favorite episodes and save them to a list so you can easily enjoy and share them over and over!
Download the Congressional Dish app for Android:
Apps for Mobile Devices:
Spotify: Mobile Only
Here is a link to a video that does an excellent job of showing how to use Spotify to listen to our podcast.
This video may still leave you having questions about how to use the service or how to find your favorite Congressional Dish Podcasts, so here are some additional step by step instructions.
- Go to the search bar in the top right, enter “Congressional Dish”.
- From the search results, our podcast should be the first item on the results page. Click on our name/logo.
- When searching “Congressional”, a small number of things are bound to pop up, just be sure to find our name and logo.
- From there, our most recent podcasts should be at the top of the podcasts. Listen just below our logo on the Congressional Dish Spotify page.
This video will walk you through how to use the app for android devices.
Stitcher is a great app and an amazing way to listen to our podcast. Here are a few steps to follow to find our podcast via Stitcher.
- First, search “Stitcher” in your online browser, and the website will be the first one listed.
- When on the site, click on the search icon to the left of the sign-up button. It is a little difficult to see initially because Stitcher wants you to sign up for the website, but you don’t have to do that.
- When on the search bar, search “Congressional Dish” and the site will immediately direct you to our podcast. The latest episode will be right under the latest episode tab on the forefront of the page.
Here is an excellent video for listening to the podcast on iHeartRadio.
iHeartRadio, is very similar to Spotify by means of finding our podcasts, but I still feel it is important to walk you through our to find our podcast on the website.
- First, search “iHeartRadio” in your browser, and the website will be the first one listed.
- When going into the website, it will ask you to log in or sign up, I would recommend signing up through your own Facebook account. It’s quick and easy and if you don’t sign up or log in, it will continue to pester you throughout your use of the site.
- Once you have signed up, search “Congressional Dish” in the upper right search bar.
- Scroll down a little bit in the search results, you will find our page as the first listing under the podcasts section.
- Click on our page, the latest podcast will be the top podcast listed under our logo. The latest episode will be under the episodes tab on the forefront of the page.
How to Download Episodes to Your Computer
One of the most common ways people download Congressional Dish to their computers is through iTunes. Through iTunes, you have the option to either download episodes individually or to subscribe; it helps the show tremendously when you subscribe.
Subscribing to Congressional Dish is free and is the easiest way to make sure you are up to date on all the action in the House of Representatives. When you subscribe, new episodes automatically download onto your computer; you can find them in the ‘Podcasts’ section of your iTunes library.
Here are the easiest ways to find Congressional Dish on iTunes:
- Open the iTunes store and type ‘Congressional Dish’ in the search bar. Click on the artwork. Click ‘Subscribe’.
- Click on this:
Then click the blue ‘View in iTunes” button; it will open iTunes on your computer where you can subscribe.
After the episodes have downloaded, add them to your phone or .mp3 players as you would for your music.
How to Listen on your Computer
Listen directly on the Website! Every post on this website that contains a podcast episode will begin with a podcast episode number. For instance, the first episode of Congressional Dish is labeled CD001: A Resignation, a Land Grab, & a State of Emergency. At the beginning of these posts, you will see a box that looks like this:
Click the play button and the episode will begin to play.
Under the episode box, there are a few other options:
- Play in new window: This will open the episode by itself in a new browser window so that you can continue internet surfing while listening.
- Download: This is not the easiest way to download (see above) but if it works for you, rock on!
- Embed: This will allow you to add the episode to your own website (and yes, you have Jen Briney’s permission to do so!
- First, search “Patreon” in your online browser, the website will be the first one listed.
- Once on the site, search “Congressional Dish” in the search bar to the left of the “start my page” tab.
- On the results page, our page will be the first page listed, click on the Congressional Dish page.
- Once on the page, click on the post tab. The latest episode will be the top listed podcast.
This list is not exhaustive by any means! There are plenty of other apps, services, and ways to get the Congressional Dish podcast and many, many others. Do you use something that was not mentioned in this post? Please let us know about it! The podcasting world is a new one; it changes every day. Let’s help each other stay on top of the latest and greatest ways of accessing this exciting new media platform.